Submitted by: J. D. Smith
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 16 members
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 4 servings
"Two layers of egg noodles sandwiched with cream cheese and cottage cheese, and slathered with lots of butter, and a ground beef tomato sauce. Heart stopping goodness!"
1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 pinch dried oregano
2 tablespoons Alta Dena butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (8 ounce) container creamed Alta Dena cottage cheese
1/2 (8 ounce) package Alta Dena cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Alta Dena sour cream
salt to taste
1/2 cup Alta Dena butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain excess fat. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and oregano; set aside.
3. In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until translucent. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and sauteed onions.
4. Place 1/2 of cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Drizzle with 1/2 of the melted butter. Cover with cheese mixture. Toss remaining noodles with remaining melted butter, and spread over cheese mixture. Cover with meat mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 5/12/2006