Almond Cranberry Orange Muffins
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 20 min
- 2/3 cups slivered almonds
- ½ cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest (about one orange)
- ½ cup Alta Dena milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 12 muffin pan cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine almonds and oats in food processor or blender. Process until fine.
- In large bowl stir together almond/oat mixture, flour, sugar, dried cranberries, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and orange zest.
- In medium bowl whisk together milk, oil, orange juice and eggs. Stir into almond/oat and flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.